Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hiding Inventory

GregV is offline Junior Member

Default Hiding Inventory

I'm sorry if this has been covered, I have searched for my answer.

My inventory is being hidden when the level drops below 0. I have the HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel set to 0 in the Value, but it still hides after levels drop to -1. I also don't know how to update quantities.

I don't track inventory online, so I want all products shown. Can this inventory value be shut off?

I did just set the value to "-100" and my products appear now, but is there another solution?

Last thing, the products appear under the categories or departments, but don't show up in Search.

mdriver is offline Junior Member

Default Us too!

We have the same scenario described above with an exception. If we change HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel to any negative number less than the actual quantity on hand, the products are displayed at the category level and in search, however the individual products are not displayed.

SurfAndSwim is offline Junior Member

Based on what we're seeing here, this appears to be a bug.Can someone from ASPDNSF reply to this problem?

I was just about to post the following as a new thread and found this existing thread where others have the same problem:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have our store set to show all products in spite of inventory levels:

HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel = 0

This is set to 0

What is mentioned here is:

if not-zero, the site will filter out products that have less than the inventory # in stock that you specify here. Leave to 0 to disable this filtering. For products with multiple variants, and sizes & colors, etc, the SUM of those inventory items is used to determine if to filter the product. So the sum of all variant inventory must be less than this number before it will be filtered out.

What is happening now though is when a product inventory gets to 0, it still is shown in the store...but if someone buys that last product, then the item stops showing on the "showproduct.aspx" page.

Even though this is set to 0, the product ends up with -1, so it gets filtered out, even though it shouldn't.

Am I missing something here? Why is it filtering out and/or why is my inventory getting set to -1..... Is there a way around this?

We are running 8.0.1.2

Thanks.

SurfAndSwim is offline Junior Member

I've done some analysis of the problem, and it appears that if you set the parameter to -1, it then shows all items even if the inventory goes below -1. I was able to continue to order the product even though my inventory was 0, -1, -,2, -3... but only if the value of the parameter was -1 and not 0. I hope this helps someone else with this problem.

HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel = -1

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This one worked just fine in the latest builds. So, it seems your on an earlier build? You can try the workaround given by SurfAndSwim, that works fine. Just make sure you are not setting Inventory.LimitCartToQuantityOnHand to true.