Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: user locked out

sherry is offline Junior Member

Default user locked out

a user is locked out because of too many failed logins. Says contact the Admin.

I am the Administrator and I do not know how to handle this situation.

sherry

Jao is offline Senior Member

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

To unlock the customer account:

1 - Connect to your DB using MS SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, or your host's web-based query tool
    2 - Run the following query against the DB:

UPDATE [Customer]
    SET [LockedUntil] = DateAdd(mi, -1, GetDate())
    WHERE [Email] = 'your customer email address here'
    UPDATE [Customer]
    SET [BadLoginCount] = 0
    WHERE [Email] = 'your customer email address here'

Or simply wait for 30 minutes to for the expiration of the locked account.

Check if this works for you

ssitech is offline Junior Member

But the article that is always referred to says:

"The proper method would be to have another super admin user unlock the account through the admin site..."

How do you do this? I cannot find any article that says how to use the "proper method".

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Just log in as the other admin, open up the locked account through View/Edit Customers and uncheck the 'Account Locked' box.

ssitech is offline Junior Member

...And it is that easy. Thanks.

mskVenus is offline Junior Member

Default customer account locked

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    Just log in as the other admin, open up the locked account through View/Edit Customers and uncheck the 'Account Locked' box.
    Hello,

I checked the locked account through View/Edit Customers, and the "account locked" check box is not checked! But I still can log in, it always tell me that "Your account has been locked by the administrator". I am very confused! Does anyone can tell me where is wrong?

Many Thanks,
    Venus

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Try resetting the cache. If not then look in the SQL table to see if the Locked Until column has a value. If so change that to NULL you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by deanfp View Post
    Try resetting the cache. If not then look in the SQL table to see if the Locked Until column has a value. If so change that to NULL you should be good to go.
    Thanks your reply. But it did not work. I have change the locked until to null. my account was locked when I checked out using paypal. After paypal transaction is complete, my account was locked and I can not unlock. Any sugestions? Thanks

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Confusingly, ASPDotNetStorefront generates the "Your account has been locked by the administrator" message if the Customer's account is not active (the 'Active' field in the Customer record is 0).

One way that this can occur if an order placed by the Customer is marked as Fraudulent.

I can't say for sure if this is the issue in your case, but I can see that the Pay Pal gateway does appear to mark an order as fraud if the payment total differs from the order total by more than 5 cents.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Good advice. You may also want to check the IsRegistered column. When a customer pays via PayPal on our sites this value comes back as zero. Though if you can see the customer account in Admin this will not be the case.

Worth double checking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post
    Hi

Confusingly, ASPDotNetStorefront generates the "Your account has been locked by the administrator" message if the Customer's account is not active (the 'Active' field in the Customer record is 0).

One way that this can occur if an order placed by the Customer is marked as Fraudulent.

I can't say for sure if this is the issue in your case, but I can see that the Pay Pal gateway does appear to mark an order as fraud if the payment total differs from the order total by more than 5 cents.
    Hi webopius,

Thanks you help me out. The issue was cuaseed by an order placed is marked as fraud, and the active in customer table is 0. Now I change the active=1, It's ok now. May I make friends with you? Could you please tell me your skype account, My Skype account is lanlei-venus. If you can add me in your contact list will be better.

Sincerely,
    Venus