Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding new String to String Resource Manager

GoodFella is offline Member

Default Adding new String to String Resource Manager

I added a new string in the String Resource Manager called: AppConfig.HeaderText

In my template.ascx, I added the following: (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.HeaderText"!)

The initial value I added to the AppConfig.HeaderText was "Text"

When I viewed my dev site in the browser, it worked correctly and displayed "Test"

However, when I changed this value in the String Resource Manager to "Test2", the change did NOT take effect when viewing again in my browser. The record in the Admin page is blue.

Thank you

Rob is offline Senior Member

we heavily cache string resources for performance. restart your site after these to ensure a clean reload of all strings.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

GoodFella is offline Member

Thank you for the reply.

My site is hosted. How do I restart it? (Sorry for the stupid Question)

Also, would the "Clear Locale" button do anything?
    Last edited by GoodFella; 07-05-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Rob is offline Senior Member

100% sure way: FTP web.config from the root of your site to c:\. then FTP it right back up to root of site. delete the one in c:\ also. thx.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart