Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: RecentlyViewedProducts for unregistered customer?

kernel64 is offline Member

Default RecentlyViewedProducts for unregistered customer?

Hello, i have activated the option RecentlyViewedProducts.Enabled for the customer, but i also want to print this for unregistered customer.
    The problem is that an unregistered customer has a CustomerID which is 0 and thats why i don´t get any data:

dbo.aspdnsf_GetRecentlyViewedProducts

Has someone a solution?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

what version are you running? Testing with 8012 here locally while not logged in still shows recently viewed products...
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

kernel64 is offline Member

Is there an AppConfig value to enable this function?

My version: ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1

RBrun is offline Member

I ran into a similar situation when I wanted to add Recently Viewed to the search results page. After dumping things for a while I found that I had to change the following line in recentlyviewed.xml.config:

Code:
    <queryparam paramname="@customerGUID" paramtype="runtime" requestparamname="custGuid" sqlDataType="nvarchar" defvalue="" validationpattern="" />
    to

Code:
    <queryparam paramname="@customerGUID" paramtype="system" requestparamname="CustomerID" sqlDataType="nvarchar" defvalue="" validationpattern="" />
    Since the change was only needed in certain circumstances I created a copy of the original and renamed it to MOD_recentlyviewed.xml.config so I could keep the original functionality as well.

This may not be the case for you, but hope it helps.
    Rob

Jao is offline Senior Member

It's working perfectly well on our local copies. Only that AppConfig parameter should be set and nothing at all in order for this feature to work. Based from the version you specified, you shouldn't have any problem at all. The code clearly defines that whenever a customer is registered, CustomerID will be used, otherwise, OriginalSessionID which is extracted from the ASPDNSFGUID cookie.

jgeno is offline Member

I'm using v8.0.1.2 and trying to call a custom XML package within template.ascx to display the recently viewed products. I am not getting a value for the runtime value custGuid. Is there a way to obtain that value within the XML package? If it is not available within XML, is it possible to pass it in via template.aspx?

Thanks,
    Jason