Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Editing shopping cart/basket page

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Default Editing shopping cart/basket page

We have been trying to edit the shoppingcart.aspx page as we wish to remove the VAT(tax) from the layout. Currently in the sub total column for each product it shows

£827.75 (GBP) inc vat
    VAT: £107.97 (GBP)

We wish to remove the bottom line as it is not required.

I have tried simply removing it however that causes a complier error. I have tried changing the visible from true to false and I got an error saying that it can not be set as false.

Any help would be very handy.
    thanks in advance.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

you could hide it with css........

TTFN

BFG

ah yes thank. That worked for hiding text from the users.

However the products are called with this line of code

<td align="left" valign="top">
    <asp:Literal ID="CartItems" runat="server"></asp:Literal>
    </td>

So I have turned to editing the source CS file that comes with it. with no luck.

Thanks for the css tip however I can not single out what is calling the VAT line to hide or remove it.

Thanks in advance.
    =====

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I haven't tested it, but have you tried this appconfig : VAT.HideTaxInOrderSummary

TTFN

BFG

We do not seem to have that app config.
    I cant find any app configs under VAT and none even under v (relating to VAT).

However it would seem that is the option I have been looking for. What should we do to get this app config?

Thanks for all your help so far.
    =====

Jao is offline Senior Member

From the version you specified: ML8011, you should have that AppConfig parameter. Anyway, you could add that parameter if it's missing and set its value to true.

Sorry on our set up it was under TAX not VAT. However that does not change displaying VAT on the basket page. Only on the checkout (when the user is buy the item).

I need to remove VAT on the basket page. Regardless of the user checking out or not.

Sorry about the confusion regarding the VAT config.
    =====

This is definitely possible; however, I'd like to confirm. Do you wish it to be displayed like the following?

£827.75 (GBP)

The previous display was:
    £827.75 (GBP) inc vat
    VAT: £107.97 (GBP)

Yep. as that price includes the VAT. It seems pointless and can be confusing for customers to see VAT under the price when the price includes VAT anyway.

If you go to our site and add some product then view the basket you will see in the sub total column for all products it will list the price including VAT then under that show the VAT for that item.

I wish to remove the VAT under the price.

Thanks.
    =====

On the ShoppingCart.cs under the AspDotNetStorefrontCommon for ML7.x to ML8.0 or AspDotNetStorefrontCore for ML8.0.x and above, look for the following lines and comment them out:
    Code:
    if (AppLogic.ProductIsMLExpress() == false && m_VATEnabled)
    {
        if (!c.m_IsTaxable)
        {
            if (m_VATOn && !c.m_IsTaxable)
            {
                tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
                tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
                CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
                AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
             }
             else if (!m_VATOn && !c.m_IsTaxable)
             {
                 tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
                 tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
                 CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
                  AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
             }
             else if (ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesInclusiveOfVAT && c.m_IsTaxable)
             {
                  tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
                  tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting));
              }
              else if (ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesExclusiveOfVAT && !c.m_IsTaxable)
              {
                  tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
                  tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting));
               }
        }
        else
        {
             tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
             tmpS.Append(CommonLogic.IIF(ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesInclusiveOfVAT,
             AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting),
             AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
        }
    }

I could not find that section of code.

I have been playing around with a section which I believed was causing it however it has no effect. However I did just try commenting it out with no luck.

This is the closest bit of code I could find in the Shoppingcart.aspx.cs
    Code:
    //
    //                if (AppLogic.ProductIsMLExpress() == false && VATEnabled)
    //                {
    //                    price.Text += "&nbsp;";
    //                    price.Text += CommonLogic.IIF(VATOn, AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6", ThisCustomer.SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7", ThisCustomer.SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting));
    //                    price.Text += "<br/>VAT: " + ThisCustomer.CurrencyString(VAT);
    //                }
    //
    note it was not commented out before however even commenting out or editing this code has no effect (visibly) on the page.
    =====

That's the first thing that would come up to your mind; however, commenting those five-line of codes you specified won't do the trick. You will need a source code to get the ShoppingCart.cs under the AspDotNetStorefrontCommon for ML7.x to ML8.0 or AspDotNetStorefrontCore for ML8.0.x and above. ShoppingCart.cs is a class, shoppingcart.aspx.cs is the code-behind file of the shoppingcart.aspx page which are different from each other.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I have commented out the lines as you suggested (using // to comment every line) The effect has not happened yet so I am guessing the server needs to be restarted.

I will get back to you on what happens.

Thanks for all your help so far.
    =====

total restart of the site and nothing.

It still shows the VAT under the price.
    Just to check as well here is the commented out code.
    Code:
    // Put additional validation aside from checking if VAT Enabled is set to true, check whether
                            // VAT Setting is inclusive or exclusive and when a product variant is not taxable 
    //                        if (AppLogic.ProductIsMLExpress() == false && m_VATEnabled)
    //                        {
    //                            if (!c.m_IsTaxable)
    //                            {
    //                                if (m_VATOn && !c.m_IsTaxable)
    //                                {
    //                                    tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
    //                                    tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
    //                                        CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
    //                                        AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
    //                                }
    //                                else if (!m_VATOn && !c.m_IsTaxable)
    //                                    tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
    //                                        CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
    //                                        AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
    //                                else if (ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesInclusiveOfVAT && c.m_IsTaxable)
    //                                    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting));
    //                                else if (ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesExclusiveOfVAT && !c.m_IsTaxable)
    //                               {
    //                                    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting));
    //                            }
    //                            else
    //                            {
    //                                tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
    //                                tmpS.Append(CommonLogic.IIF(ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesInclusiveOfVAT,
    //                                    AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting),
    //                                    AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
    //                                tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
    //                                    CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
    //                                    AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
    //                            }
    //                        }
    What should we do?
    =====

Everything's working against my local site. See attachments for comparison. Did you replace the AspDotNetStorefrontCommon/ AspDotNetStorefrontCore with the updated .dll file? I know it's a given thought; however, verifying this won't hurt at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Jao; 07-03-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Hi thanks for all your help so far.

I just checked the file on our dev site that I have been editing and it still has all the lines commented out.

I really does not seem to be working for us. our file was in the aspdotnetstorefontCore folder.

Any help? thanks.
    =====

We got that working (Thanks for all your help)
    However the VAT still shows up in the order options.
    In our order options we have charities they can donate to and it is showing the VAT under the normal donation.

Any help with that?

Thanks.
    =====

Ah we have fixed this now, we had compiling errors from some other changes but this has now been fixed.

Quick question.
    How can I change the price so it says inc VAT or nothing if they have do not show VAT. This way it would fit in with the rest of the site.

Also why does it show the price as £13.78 (GBP) can we not have it just show up as £13.78?

basically we want the price to show up as
    £13.78 inc VAT
    or
    £13.78

depending on what the user has selected.

Thanks again!
    =====

George the Great is offline Senior Member

By default, if you have multiple currencies published it will display the currency code after the price (eg. £13.78 (GBP)). To change this, you'll need to modify the Localization class, CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate method to not display the code...just change
    Code:
    tmpS = String.Format("{0} ({1})",fmtCur,TargetCurrencyCode);
    to
    Code:
    tmpS = fmtCur;
    You'll have to recompile for this change to take effect.

As far as the VAT goes, not sure when you are trying to not show it. Under what configuration/circumstances are you trying to hide it.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Hello, thanks for the reply.

We are trying to show "inc VAT" after the price if the customer/user has show prices including vat selected.

We have yet to have "inc VAT" show up yet.
    =====

its ok I found out how to do that.

C#/VB.NET Code:
    // Put additional validation aside from checking if VAT Enabled is set to true, check whether
                            // VAT Setting is inclusive or exclusive and when a product variant is not taxable 

if (AppLogic.ProductIsMLExpress() == false && m_VATEnabled)
                            {
                                if (!
    c.m_IsTaxable)
                                {

//if (m_VATOn && !c.m_IsTaxable)
                                    //{
                                    //    tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");
                                    //    tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
                                    //        CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
                                    //        AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
                                    //}
                                    //else if (!m_VATOn && !c.m_IsTaxable)
                                    //{
                                    //    tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
                                    //        CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
                                    //        AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));
                                    //}
                                    //else if (ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesInclusiveOfVAT && c.m_IsTaxable)
                                    //{
                                    //    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting));
                                    //}
                                    //else if (ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesExclusiveOfVAT && !c.m_IsTaxable)
                                    //{
                                    //    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting));
                                    //}

}
                                else
                                {

tmpS.Append("&nbsp;");

tmpS.Append(CommonLogic.IIF(ThisCustomer.VATSettingReconciled == VATSettingEnum.ShowPricesInclusiveOfVAT,

AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.6"ViewingCustomer.SkinIDViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting),

AppLogic.GetString("setvatsetting.aspx.7"ViewingCustomer.SkinIDViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));

//tmpS.Append("<br/>" + AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.17", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting) + " " +
                                    //    CommonLogic.IIF(c.m_IsTaxable, Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate(VAT, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting),
                                    //    AppLogic.GetString("order.cs.9", ViewingCustomer.SkinID, ViewingCustomer.LocaleSetting)));

}
                            } 
    Thanks for all your help guys.
    =====