Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer Level & Product Mapping

lambrite is offline Senior Member

Default Customer Level & Product Mapping

I am confused about how the product mapping to customer levels works. I have created a customer level "Vendor" who should get a 40% discount on some items. I have mapped each applicable item to the "Vendor" customer level.

When I log in with an account designated with "Vendor", I see all products instead of only mapped products, and all products have the 40% discount.

What do I need to change, so that only the mapped products show to the appropriate category? Also, can I set a minimum order quantity on these products (different for each product) for only the "Vendor" customer level?

I've looked in the manual, knowledgebase and forums, but I must not be using the correct terminology to find the results I want.

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

Please make sure you have set the AppConfig parameter FilterProductsByCustomerLevel to true and set a Customer Level which allows to see all the products. If your product is not mapped in any of the Customer Level, it will show up on all Customer Level, in which "Vendor" will see all the products that are not mapped or restricted and the products that are mapped to this customer level.

If you still encounter any issues setting up your Customer Level mappings on products, please submit a ticket to support and one of our Support Engineers may assist you with this matter.

Thanks for the fast response.

This works, but does not actually solve the problem, as it means that a customer must be logged in and assigned a customer level before he can see any product, or only see items that are not assigned any customer level at all. (Vendors can buy a subset of all inventory; general customers can by any item.)

Configuring the inventory in this way prevents a new user from being able to browse, without creating an account.

Surely others have encountered this issue before. What is the best way to set up the store so that
    • Anonymous users can browse everything
    • Logged in (general) users can browse everything
    • "Vendors" customer level can browse everything, but only has a discount applied to applicable items

Should I be using extended pricing, or a combination of a coupon and customer level, or something else entirely, instead of a customer level discount?

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

The best way to achieve this is:

**set your FilterProductsByCustomerLevel to false, so everyone can browse everything

** Set an Discount for this Customer Level

Please submit ticket to support, it is possible that you are missing something with the configurations, tested this on our local copies and discounts works only with specific Customer Level.

Yes, I agree, if the discount were applicable to all items for sale, but it is not. Vendors only get the discount for a subset of items.

The code for the customer level discount works fine; as does the product filtering. Just neither of them, independently or in combination, solve my specific problem. I'll figure something out and post it back here, in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I think the correct way to achieve your goal is to use the extended pricing functionality.

TTFN

BFG

nathanl is offline Junior Member

I'm trying to accomplish something very similar, but with slight differences.
    • Anonymous users can browse everything
    • Logged in (general) users can browse everything
    • "Vendors" customer level can browse everything and have additional discounts applied to assigned items, but also have special items viewable ONLY to this level.

Is it possible to exclude all customer levels from seeing a product except for customer level = 3 (dealer)?

If I set FilterProductsByCustomerLevel to true - then it seems anonymous customers can not view products.

How can I accomplish these two things?