Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: IE-8 Question

rcvjmv is offline Junior Member

Default IE-8 Question

I just got off the phone with a potential new customer using IE-8 that could not see the captcha image so I entered him through the admin site. He could then logon but when he tried to add items to the shopping cart it said his cart was empty. I used his account under IE-7 and all worked well. I was just wondering if anyone else has had experience with any IE-8 problems. I am using version 8.0

Ryan is offline Junior Member

We are looking into the issue.

For now you can use IE 8 Compatibility view button to fix problems on some pages.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

chazandchaz is offline Member

I ran into this issue.

However, most users don't know to hit the "compatibility button"

You can force IE8 to use the "compatibility mode" by specifying a header in IIS.

In IIS you can right click on the web site > properties > HTTP Headers > Add...

The custom header name is X-UA-Compatible
    The custom header value is IE=EmulateIE7

Click ok > ok.

This will then force your site appear as it does in IE7 in IE8.

Hope it helps.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Excellent information. We have not run into this in any of our compatibility testing, but will look into it for sure.

Thanks,

Dan

chazandchaz is offline Member

I had problems with css and layout. This was not a ADNSF issue because the skin had used custom css and html.

This was just a band-aid we used until we could iron out all the issues.

Enjoy!

Chaz.

dauckland is offline Junior Member

Default IE 8 login problem

We just had the same problem crop up. It turns out that the problem occurs when customers use IE 8 and enter the store without using the www. at the beginning of the domain name. There is something to do with a cookie problem that ASPDN cannot reconcile www.ibsdirect.com with ibsdirect.com when the customer uses IE 8. Contact John Puttman [john@vortx.com] at Vortx for details.
    Dennis A

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Vista IE8

I could not see the Editor buttons (Bold, colors, and those buttons) in Product Desc. entry screen until I pressed the compatibility button. Couldn't find a setting in IE8 for this compatibility issue.