Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customized Product

rharby is offline Junior Member

Default Customized Product

Hi,
    We're looking at using aspdotnetstorefront for our web store front, but we sell a very customized telephony product that requires the end user select a telephone number from our inventory of numbers from another database. I've been reading the manuals, and I'm not clear if this can be done or not from what I've read.. So basically when they add our 'Telephone' product to their cart, much like it asking for color or size of a shirt, it asks them to select a number from a drop down or something, better yet would be some ajax that allows them to select an area code, and it provides available telephone numbers in that area code.. Can anyone help me and tell me if the base system has enough flexibility to query an external DB and record data for a product like that? We also use affiliates for almost every sale, I'm assuming I can easily do this, so I can track who sent the order to us? Thanks alot, hopefully it can do what we need and we can purchase it...

Rob is offline Senior Member

Very doable yes. but you would need to make some small mods, in both the db, and source, to achieve this. Not hard, we've had sites like this done on the platform very successfully. If you want to outsource development, any of our DevNet partners: http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-devnet.aspx could help you with this kind of modification. Thanks.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart