Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding Fields & Columns

sprogg is offline Member

Default Adding Fields & Columns

I've managed to add columns to my dbo.product table in the db and also added the fields for data entry in the entityEditProducts.apsx file.

The problem I've got is that I know I need to also edit the code behind file (entityEditProducts.apsx.cs) but I'm unsure how to achieve this.

I'm adding simple text fields (ie, tel, name etc) so hopefully its an easy thing to do.

Can someone give me a guide/steer on how to amend the entityEditProducts.apsx.cs file to allow the entries to be added to the database.

Many thanks

MarkC is offline Developer

Modifying the entityeditproducts page is fairly straightforward, once you have the field ready, just add the appropriate control type for it and then map it into the insert/update parts in the code-behind. The newly created field is also be readily available on the product xml data for the xml package.

sprogg is offline Member

I've managed 2/3 of that, its the mapping it into the insert/update parts in the code-behind that I'm not sure about.

I did have a go at that but it didnt work. Will post the code I've done if required.

Can you explain a little further please?