Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Variant Manufacturer Part #

OmegaSpeed is offline Junior Member

Default Variant Manufacturer Part #

I tend to use a lot of variants to group similar products together. When a customer gets to the shopping cart, they see:

[Product Name]- [VariantName]
    [SKU]

Is there any way to change it to:

[Product Name]- [VariantName]
    [Variants Manufacturer Part #]

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Yes, but doing so requires source code and you'll need to modify theDisplayItems method in the ShoppingCart class (ASPDNSFCore/ShoppingCart.cs if you're using 8.x or ASPDNSFCommon/ShoppingCart.cs if you're using 7.x).
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

OmegaSpeed is offline Junior Member

OK. I am having another problem with the variants though. I added the ManufacturerPartNumber for the variant, and I need that to show up in the distributor notification email (and not the ManufacturerPartNumber for the part).

Graham Bland is offline Junior Member

Question Was there any answer

Hi there,

As I am having exactly the same problem in the Distributor Confirmation email so can I ask if you ever got an answer?

Regards

Graham Bland