Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Change departments text

viclick is offline Junior Member

Default Change departments text

Hi folks,

I'm evaluating the trial version of ML and want to change the text of Departments in the left nav bar. We sell videos and don't have any departments so I thought I would use this section as the video format.

I found this piece of code in template.ascx that makes me think I should be able to add a new string resource called SectionPromptPlural with the text I want ("Format")

Code:
    <div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResourceName="AppConfig.SectionPromptPlural"!)</div>
    I have added SectionPromptPlural as a string resource with a value of Format only to have the left nav bar still says "Browse Departments." Is this a problem with the trial, or have I missed something?

Thanks,

Vic

George the Great is offline Senior Member

The string resource is actually that whole value - AppConfig.SectionPromptPlural - and already exists. You'll have to search for that in the string resources section, change it there, and then click the Reset Cache link.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

viclick is offline Junior Member

Thank you, George. That took care of it.

Vic

OmegaSpeed is offline Junior Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I changed the AppConfig.SectionPromptPlural string (for the sections/departments), reset the cache, but the vertical menu is still showing "Departments."

Is there anything I am missing?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You could try to switch the value of appconfig: CacheMenus consecutively from true/false, then do a reset cache again to refresh the value stored in the cache. I tried that here and works perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    You could try to switch the value of appconfig: CacheMenus consecutively from true/false, then do a reset cache again to refresh the value stored in the cache. I tried that here and works perfectly for me.
    Tried that, still no luck.
    BTW, I assume the "Reset Cache" is in the upper right part of the admin area, right? Just want to make sure.

One more interesting thing.... when I put in a (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural"!), it shows correctly, but NOT in the vert menu (code is: <item Text="(!menu.Sections!)" LookId="VertTopItemLook" /> )
    Last edited by OmegaSpeed; 07-06-2009 at 10:59 PM.

I finally found it....

String resource "menu.Sections"

chainsaw is offline Junior Member

I hate to bump an old thread too, but I don't have a

AppConfig.SectionPromptPlural
    or
    menu.Sections

in my appconfig parameters. I'm using 8.0.1.2

I'd like to get rid of manufacturers.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator