Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Ashland

Ash is offline Member

Default Ashland

Can someone provide a breakdown of what the coming features are in Ashland? I saw a mention of master pages (finally ), but what else is there? Will we finally be able to use ASP.NET's built-in AJAX features or use the AjaxControlToolkit? And the all important question: How much longer do we have to wait?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Can't get into specifics just yet but if you're interested you should consider attending the conference we're holding next month as we'll be going over all of the new features that Ashland will include, and to be honest I've never been more excited about a single version release than I am for this one (and I'm a WSI guy and absolutely love that feature). We'll be able to offer more information after the conference
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

I have a question,

Did one of the Devnet partners; Vortx have anything to do with the "Ashland" version? They are located in: "Ashland, Oregon", quite a coincidence
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

Ash is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
    I have a question,

Did one of the Devnet partners; Vortx have anything to do with the "Ashland" version? They are located in: "Ashland, Oregon", quite a coincidence
    I just assumed it was named after me

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Hah I happened to be visiting a small town called Ashland in Ohio (about 60 miles south of Cleveland) while working on the roadmap for the upcoming year, so that is how the release was named. The fact that Vortx is in Ashland, Oregon is pure coincidence

Geri Langlois is offline Junior Member

Default Details on Ashland?

I was unable to attend the conference in July. Is it possible to get the details of features in the Ashland version, which were released at the conference? Also is there a projected release date? Thanks

KellyB is offline Junior Member

Default Ashland release and content/articles

I've read on the forums that the Ashland release will contain new content mgmt features that will allow us greater flexibility with content such as articles. Can you provide some insight into how this will work and how we will implement in an existing site?

And of course, the obligatory "any idea when it will be available" question...!

As always, thanks for the great work.
    Kelly B

Ash is offline Member

It's available now. It's known as "Multi-store" and it's a fully functional beta right now. http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...lti-store.aspx

cbusillo is offline Junior Member

I was under the impression ashland would be an upgrade to version 8. Does this mean we have to buy it separately?

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Smokin' Ashland

"Those who program while smokin' soon find themselves in Ashland".
    I thought that's where the name came from.