Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: XML Product Import with Base64 image data - Help!

woodmage is offline Junior Member

Default XML Product Import with Base64 image data - Help!

Tried posting this on Friday, but didn't show up. Please let me know if this should be in a different forum.

Doing an XML based product import. It is my understanding that this uses the WSI interface.

Everything works as expected, EXCEPT the base64 encoded images. No images are uploaded. I am trying to do multiple images per product. I can set the fileNameOverride and upload the images to the server and that works, but I need multiimage so fileNameOverride is not what I need. There are no errors in the import log from what I can see, but no images on any of the products either.

I am attaching my import XML. If anybody has any ideas on what is going wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Looks like you may be mixing features here a bit. From what you're saying, it looks like you are trying to import this file using the admin-based import from xmlfile. That feature is not the same as WSI, and the two expect entirely different xml structures. The one in the admin section is obsolete and has been replaced with WSI for completing xml-based imports, however the admin section does not yet have an interface for executing WSI-syntax xml documents or snippets. To import, you should use the WSI import tool which you can download here
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

woodmage is offline Junior Member

Is there only a cut and paste interface? My imports are pretty huge. Many products with mulitiple base64 images each. Any versions that you can select an XML file or another solution where I can pass the xml file?

If not, I guess that I can get grab a copy of .NET and modify the app. Looks like there is source code in there. Or write a web interface to WSI.

Thanks for the help. That is what I was worried about, but everything else worked exactly like the WSI interface, so I was hoping images would also.