Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Login functionality of the shop?

kernel64 is offline Member

Default Login functionality of the shop?

hello, i have created a custom login control with two Textboxes, now i want to login an user, which function must i use?

MarkC is offline Developer

refer to the Login_Click event on signin.aspx for the login logic.

kernel64 is offline Member

Thx at first.

I have put these Controls on my template.ascx, with a cross page postback i refer to the signin.aspx Now i have following problem, when authenticate the first time, i get logged in. After that a have logged out and repeated this procedure, then comes the postback but i´m not logged in.
    This function only every second time, where is the problem?

In the signin.aspx i have put these code to request the user data of the previous page:
    Code:
    if (PreviousPage != null)
                {
                    EMail.Text = ((TextBox) PreviousPage.FindControl("tbEmail")).Text;
                    txtPassword.Text = ((TextBox) PreviousPage.FindControl("tbPassword")).Text;

LoginButton_Click(null, null);
                }
    In the debugger i can see that the user is logged in, but in the shop nothing happens. Is there something with cookies or the cross page postback ?