Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: carousel

Manley is offline Senior Member

Default carousel

I am trying to add a carousel to my homepage. I have the code for the carousel it is html and java script. Can someone please direct me in the right place to add this so that it is only on the homepage. I am still pretty new to this whole thing so if you could explain in details of what i would need to do that would help out greatly.

Thank you

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The easiest way would probably be to put it in a topic and embed that in the home page the way we do the default 'hometopintro' topic. If you still have that topic you could just drop it in there.

Make sure you follow these steps to enable scripts in your topics

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Put it in the hometopintro topic following the instructions I posted in your other thread
    Make sure you are entering the script in HTML mode (the <> button) and not Design mode (the pencil button). Also make sure that the html editor configuration is set to allow scripts in topics, as outlined here in this knowledgebase article.
    or place it in the page.default.xml.config xmlpackage directly (this is the xmlpackage that is used for the home page by default, or create a separate skin to use for the homepage and add it directly there
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Manley is offline Senior Member

Default re

Thanks for the help. I was able to change the RAD file so it now sees the script. Could you explain where in the hometopintro i should place the file. and should i just paste the script or the html as well. Currently the hometopintro has the generic template in it so when you hit the code button you already have code in there. I would like to leave that code and add mine to the top.

Thanks for the help

Jao is offline Senior Member

Once the AllowScript property was set to true. You could append the script at the bottom area of the description section.

diveloper is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - George View Post
    Put it in the hometopintro topic following the instructions I posted in your other thread or place it in the page.default.xml.config xmlpackage directly (this is the xmlpackage that is used for the home page by default, or create a separate skin to use for the homepage and add it directly there
    This is not possible to edit the "RadControls\Editor\ConfigFile.xml" with the Online Demo =(