Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: HSBC integration

sprogg is offline Member

Default HSBC integration

Has anybody managed to successfully integrate HSBC checkout to their UK site yet?

We've been issued with a client ID and a CPI hash key, but cannot seem to get the site to checkout working.

It returns the error message:

'Insufficient permissions to perform requested operation'

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

That sounds like perhaps a medium trust issue... Your hosting provider must enable outbound HTTP/HTTPS calls to have ANY realtime payment gateway or shipping providers work.

Other than that, HSBC absolutely REFUSES to give us any kind of test/sandbox credentials, so you might have to work with our support team to get it resolved. Every interaction we have had with them has been unsavory to say the least.

sprogg is offline Member

Yes, their support is crap.

I spoke to Bombay today trying to resolve this. The conversation was difficult to say the least. It went something like,

so I use API then?
    Bombay: yes.
    Or do I use CPI?
    Which?
    Ok, lets start again.
    Bombay: please give me your username...
    You've confirmed that already. I want to work out which is the optimum solution for my checkout. Can you tell me should I use API or CPI?
    Bombay: yes
    [finally lost it now] Can you transfer me to the UK where we can both understand whats being said?
    Bombay: i understand you perfeckly...
    I'm not understanding you. You are not making any sesnse. Just agreeing with everything I say.
    Bombay: well, thats because the line is poor.

Needless to say that was the end of the conversation.

So, I'm none the wiser. All I know is that I have the option of either CPI or API but HSBC wouldnt advise which SSL is their preferred.

Over to support I think....

suedeapple is offline Member

Did you ever get this working? Im having exactly the same problem.

suedeapple is offline Member

Ahhh finally got this working

Change HSBC.Live.Server to ...
    https://www.secure-epayments.apixml.hsbc.com