Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Stone Edge Price Increase Notice

barney stone is offline Member

Default Stone Edge Price Increase Notice

Stone Edge Technologies has just issued a couple of press releases that you might find interesting. Here are the links to them:

Stone Edge Technologies Warns of Upcoming Holidays

Stone Edge Technologies Announces Software Price Increases

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Smile

Hi Barney,

Just curious, not bashing at all. But is this the best time for price increases?Obviously the economy, while seemingly recovering, is still in the tank and most merchants are holding their cash tight to their vest.

I know in my product offerings, our manufacturers raised prices pretty significantly over the last year and now they are reducing prices.

Just an observation.

You make a valid point. But despite the economy, most of the merchants that we talk to are doing very well, at least partially due to the efficiencies that we help bring to them. At the same time, as the capabilities of our products continue to grow, the cost of developing and maintaining them grow, too. For example, the PA-DSS credit card security compliance that we are working on now comes with a very hefty price tag.

Even though we have the 2nd or 3rd largest installed base among order management systems, we are still a small, self-funded company, and while our goal is still to bring large company capabilities to small companies at an affordable price, we have to balance our costs and our revenues. For the merchant, if the Order Manager saves the cost of one full-time clerk, it pays for itself it 30 days, even at the increased price. That is a remarkable return on investment.

While we do not enjoy raising our prices, we believe that we still offer the best value in small business management software that you can find anywhere.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

ECommerce as a whole is still growing at double-digit rates according to most experts, which is extremely encouraging given the current economic climate. Unfortunately software never seems to get cheaper to develop or support. Thanks for the update Barney.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Dont get me wrong, I agree ecommerce is still growing. However, if we the merchants continue to get increases from software providers, manufacturers, etc, we must pass these along to the consumer which in the end turns the consumer away.

Again, just an observation. I am a software provider for a living so I understand the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgumby View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I agree ecommerce is still growing. However, if we the merchants continue to get increases from software providers, manufacturers, etc, we must pass these along to the consumer which in the end turns the consumer away.

Again, just an observation. I am a software provider for a living so I understand the costs.
    If your software gets more expensive, but saves you even more than the difference in reduced labor costs, then you should not have to raise your prices.

thfinch is offline Junior Member

Default Importing CC #'s into SEOM from ASPDNSF

Hi Barney ~ I am in processing of migrating the online catalog 125West.com to an ASPDF platform underpinned by SEOM for processing sales and purchase orders. We're almost ready for launch, but we are unable to import a customer's credit card number in the Order Import (we receive correctly all the other credit card and order detail). SEOM support says it is missing from the XML file. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Was that problem with one specific order, or with all orders imported from ASPDNSF? Either way, the first thing to check is make sure that you are using our latest script for ASPDNSF. If that does not solve the problem, contact our support staff and have them escalate the issue to Mark. He will need FTP/admin access to your store to figure out if the problem is with the cart or with our script.

dsabot is offline Junior Member

I have been a stone edge user for over 5 years, having switched from MOM. Stone Edge is just a fantastic program in every way. TO this day I am still finding new uses for it, and ways to save me time and money. THey also have a very agressive development schedule and have a very helpful and active user forum. THey could easily charge 10 times what the do for the product and it would be a huge bargain.