Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SQL Query Help

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Default SQL Query Help

Greetings All,

I'm looking to add a 'product feed' that will actually pull order details for orders meeting a specific criteria.

The actual criteria I want is as follows :-

( orders in the last 7 days that have an OrderSubtotal greater than 100 AND have more than 5 items in the order )

OR

( orders in the last 7 days of any value that contain products that are in category IDs 123, 124 or 126. )

I've got an xml package working with the following SQL :-

Code:
    Select TOP 25 OrderNumber, ShippedOn, FirstName, LastName, Email, Phone, LevelName, OrderSubtotal from Orders with (NOLOCK) where OrderSubtotal > 100 order by OrderNumber desc;
    As you can see though, this only pulls the last 25 orders with a subtotal greater than 100.

I'd be grateful for any assistance in meeting the rest of my requirements.

TTFN

BFG

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

For the first you will have to use a datediff with combination of getDate() to get your date offset and use subquery to get the count of items in the query where the count is > 5.

For the second, you will still use the same date filtering and for the category filtering use a subquery joining the order items's productID to the productcategory table where category is in the list of IDs you have.

*Pseudocode wise ;-)
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Thanks Jan,

I don't suppose you'd be willing to un-psuedoify* that for me?

*Obviously, that's not a real word, but you get my meaning :-)

TTFN

BFG

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

:-) here is for the first one:

SELECT * FROM Orders O WHERE DATEDIFF ( d , O.OrderDate , getDate() ) <= 7 AND O.OrderTotal > 100 AND (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Orders_ShoppingCart OS WHERE OS.OrderNumber=O.OrderNumber) > 5
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Thanks Jan!

I should be able to use that to help me build the second part - I'll post the end result here when finished in case it's useful for anyone else.

TTFN

BFG

OK, so here's what I ended up with :-

Code:
    SELECT OrderNumber, CONVERT(VARCHAR(8), ShippedOn, 3) AS displaydate, FirstName, LastName, Email, Phone, LevelName, OrderSubtotal FROM Orders O WHERE
    (
    DATEDIFF ( d , O.ShippedOn , getDate() ) <= 7
    AND O.OrderTotal > 100
    AND (SELECT SUM(Quantity) FROM Orders_ShoppingCart OS WHERE OS.OrderNumber=O.OrderNumber) > 5
    )
    OR
    (
    DATEDIFF ( d , O.ShippedOn , getDate() ) <= 7
    AND O.OrderNumber IN (
    SELECT OrderNumber FROM Orders_ShoppingCart WHERE ProductID IN (
    SELECT ProductID FROM ProductCategory WHERE CategoryID IN (321,654,987)
    )))
    order by OrderNumber desc;
    There's probably a better or more efficient way to do it than nested sub-queries, but this seems to work.
    I changed the criteria to be based on order shipped date instead of order date & I display that in the UK style rather than the native SQL style.

Thanks again Jan for your help.

TTFN

BFG