Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SE_MetaTitle

dov is offline Junior Member

Question Format of SE_MetaTitle

Hi,

My default title is set in Configuration > Advanced > AppConfig Parameter > SE_MetaTitle..

The thing I would like to chage is the store-wide default title format.

Currently it is Company name - Product Name whereas I'd like it to be reversed as: Product Name - Company name.

Which file is the one that controls this so I can adjust accordingly? I can't do this for each individual products, there's 10,000+!

Thanks!
    Last edited by dov; 09-02-2013 at 06:25 PM.

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

If you are just wanting to do this change for the product is just a matter opening showproduct.aspx.cs then finding this code:

Code:
    SETitle = Security.HtmlEncode(AppLogic.AppConfig("StoreName") + " - " + ProductName);
    Then edit the order of said code.

If you need the change done to categories also then it just a matter opening ShowEntityPage.cs and searching for

Code:
    m_SkinBase.SETitle = Security.HtmlEncode(AppLogic.AppConfig("StoreName") + " - " + m_EntityInstanceName);
    Then editing the code.

dov is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgeachy View Post
    If you are just wanting to do this change for the product is just a matter opening showproduct.aspx.cs then finding this code:

Code:
    SETitle = Security.HtmlEncode(AppLogic.AppConfig("StoreName") + " - " + ProductName);
    Then edit the order of said code.

If you need the change done to categories also then it just a matter opening ShowEntityPage.cs and searching for

Code:
    m_SkinBase.SETitle = Security.HtmlEncode(AppLogic.AppConfig("StoreName") + " - " + m_EntityInstanceName);
    Then editing the code.
    Thanks so much mmcgeachy! Exactly what I need, thank you!