Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to Checkout for a user?

GCR is offline Junior Member

Default How to Checkout for a user?

Hello.

I'm currently using the stored procedures in the database to add an anonymous Customer behind the scenes, and then I'm adding stuff to the cart behind the scenes also. It's a long explanation, but AddToCart.aspx just doesn't do what I need it to do, so I've been using the aspdnsf stored procedures (and a few of my own). I also needed to make my own shopping cart display page. I would like to use the ASPDNSF checkout process (that's why we purchased this whole thing), but I just can't find any documentation on what I'm trying to do, and I know I can't be the first one.

When I finally navigate to the storefront site (for checkout), it of course tells me that my cart is empty, and it looks like I haven't logged in.

How can I tell the storefront to checkout a certain user? I want to say redirect to Checkout.aspx?CustomerID=whatever. Of course, it's not that simple, but can it be done? Do I set a cookie somewhere? Is this even possible for me to set a cookie from one application that can be used by another application?

Thanks,
    Jay.

Rob is offline Senior Member

Yes, doable, but you should be using WSI to add customers and all first, not stored procs, to be safe...and then do an auction style checkout redirect to the storefront pages. I'll have to go dig up the syntax on it...it's not in our manual
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

GCR is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, PLEASE lookup whatever syntax you can find on redirecting to checkout. I'm basically here because it's not in the manual!

Thanks,
    Jay.