Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSI GetProducts problem

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Default WSI GetProducts problem

I'm trying to pull a product's information and vairiants. I'm sending this:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport Version="7.1" SetImportFlag="false" AutoLazyAdd="false" AutoCleanup="true" Verbose="true" TransactionsEnabled="true">
    <Transaction Name="0022759">
    <GetProduct GUID="BB86A51E-C3D9-4A75-B717-E824FE365B92" IncludeVariants="true" IncludeImages="False"/>
    </Transaction>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

and getting this:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImportResult Version="7.1" DateTime="5/26/2009 1:06:55 AM">
    <Verbose Message="Import Starting" /><Transaction Name="0022759"><Verbose Message="Processing GetProduct, ProductID=0, ProductGUID=BB86A51E-C3D9-4A75-B717-E824FE365B92, ForEntityType=, ForEntityID = 0, ForEntityGUID=, IncludeVariants=True, GetAll=False" /><GetProduct ID="16806" GUID="BB86A51E-C3D9-4A75-B717-E824FE365B92"><Error Message="Exception, Message=TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor" /><Rollback/></Transaction><Error Message="TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor" /><Verbose Message="Import Aborted" /></AspDotNetStorefrontImportResult>

It is a failed transaction. Anyone know what I'm missing?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Try adding a field to the product variant table

Code:
    ALTER TABLE dbo.ProductVariant ADD TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor [int] NULL
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Thanks it worked.

Rob is offline Senior Member

This does suggest you may be missing other fields from the tables also, so make sure you do a db backup, then run the latest db update scripts we provide, so there are no other missing fields.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

campbelt101 is offline Member

I just ran into this issue with Version 9.1.0.1. I ran all the upgrade scripts when installing the database a few days ago.

Adding the field to the ProductVariants table solved the issue.

I would guess that there is probably something missing or not working in the db upgrade scripts.

MGPurnell is offline Junior Member

If we touch the database (i.e. adding the column to the product variant table), then we no longer fall under PCI-DSS compliance. Is there a solution that doesn't involve modifying the db?