Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: how do i create a new content page

apathy is offline Junior Member

Default how do i create a new content page

How do you create a new content page like t-sample.aspx? I created a topic and i want to embed it in a page.. do i create it manually or thru the admin somehow?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Cool Topics

You create topics in the admin section by going to the Manage Content -> Topics section (in versions >= 8.0.0.0) and by going to Misc -> Topics (in versions < 8.0.0.0). You can then do one of several things with the topic. You can
    1. Access the topic page directly at t-your_topic_name.aspx
    2. Emped the topic in an .aspx page using
      Code:
      <aspdnsf:Topic runat="server" ID="someIDhere" TopicName="your_topic_name"/>
    3. Access the contents of the topic in a code-behind page (.aspx.cs or .aspx.vb) or from a class by invoking a new instance of the Topic class with using the topic name or ID
      Code:
      Topic t = new Topic(14);
      String topicContents = t.Contents();
      or
      Code:
      Topic t = new Topic("your_topic_name");
      String topicContents = t.Contents();
    4. Embed the topic in an xmlpackage using
      Code:
      <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Topic('your_topic_name')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>