Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Cannot Find IsFeaturedCategoryID in AppConfig

apathy is offline Junior Member

Default Cannot Find IsFeaturedCategoryID in AppConfig

Hi, I am trying to add the Featured Products to my site. The directions say to go to the AppConfigParamters and search for IsFeature. When i do this all that comes up is "IsFeaturedCategoryTeaser " but not "IsFeaturedCategoryID" as the directions say. Can anyone tell me why this is or if im doing something wrong? Thanks.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What version are you on? If it's not there in your appconfig, try running the script below against your DB. Please make sure to have a backup first, just in case.

Code:
    INSERT [dbo].AppConfig(SuperOnly,Name,GroupName,Description,ConfigValue) values(1,'IsFeaturedCategoryID','SITEDISPLAY','The category ID that is considered to be ''Featured Products''. Products mapped to this category get a Featured status. The IsFeatured flag should also be set on the Product. This category ID provides an additional way for consumers to find the ''specials''. The ''is featured'' category Name typically has a Name like ''Specials'', ''On Sale Now'', ''Blowout Specials'', etc...','0');

apathy is offline Junior Member

Hi Alfred,

I am running:

Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.0/8.0.1.0

kaezr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by apathy View Post
    When i do this all that comes up is "IsFeaturedCategoryTeaser " but not "IsFeaturedCategoryID" as the directions say. Can anyone tell me why this is or if im doing something wrong? Thanks.
    i just had the same problem, make sure you are a SuperAdmin, otherwise you won't see this entry