Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Distributor Notification Email on AUTHORIZED rather than CAPTURED?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Question Distributor Notification Email on AUTHORIZED rather than CAPTURED?

Greetings All,

I'd like to make use of the automatic distributor emails - but we have our gateway set to AUTH rather than AUTH CAPTURE (we don't capture until we ship).

Where can I modify the behaviour so that the distributor emails are sent on AUTH rather than on CAPTURE?

TTFN

BFG

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Not entirely sure of your setup so giving you a few appconfigs to check. Check DelayedDropShipNotifications is set to false and if you use Maxmind check that the MaxMind.DelayDropShipThreshold appconfig is not being reached on orders.

If that doesn't do it then start looking at the logic near the end of Applogic.SendOrderEMail. Hope that helps.

Thanks Mate,

Both of those appconfigs are fine.
    Where exactly will I need to look for Applogic.SendOrderEMail (no source...).

TTFN

BFG

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

ah without source. Honestly this change is much easier to do so with source.

Given that the email can still be sent source in orderconfirmation.aspx.cs, I will show a way to send the email without source. Just keep in mind I am not sure if well it will work in other places like recurring orders. Look for AppLogic.SendOrderEMail in orderconfirmation.aspx.cs then add the code below after AppLogic.SendOrderEMail:

Code:
    if (ord.TransactionIsAuth() && ord.DistributorEMailSentOn.Equals(System.DateTime.MinValue) && ord.HasDistributorComponents())
                            {
                                AppLogic.SendDistributorNotifications(new Order(ord.OrderNumber, ord.ViewInLocaleSetting));
                            }

That's great - Many thanks !!

(I'm not sure how much easier it could have been...)

TTFN

BFG