Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin Session Timeout

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Admin Session Timeout

I've done a search and seen threads asking this same question. How do I set the admin session timeout such that I dont need to login again after 15 minutes.

I've set the SessionTimeOutInMinutes setting to 60 for 1 hour but it still logs out after 15 minutes. Ive reset cache and closed browser, logged back in but it still doesnt make any difference.

Is there something else that must be done? I understand the PCI implications but this isnt a live site at this point.

Thanks

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The only other thing that will affect this is application pool timeout settings. Many times hosts set application pools to recycle after very short periods of inactivity to keep memory usage down on their webservers. The resolution is to either convince your host to increase the timeout settings, or set a schedule process to ping the site and keep it alive.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

makes sense, thanks Dan.

craiga is offline Junior Member

Just thought I would reply to this topic as I was searching through for the same issue where the ASPDNSF login page wouldn't let me login properly. After trying the recommended steps in various articles and threads I worked out that it looks like (so far so good) it was because the time set in the SessionTimeoutInMinutes was not the same as the app pool in IIS. Since setting them the same the problem seems to be ok!

Fingers crossed!

Hope this helps anyone else in a similar position one day...

omairkha is offline Member

Hi, the app pool timeout is set to the max (29hrs) on my server but the admin site keeps timing out every 15 seconds!!

I did a search for SessionTimeOutInMinutes variable but it did not return anything. Where can I find this setting?

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's an AppConfig, you change it through the admin console. If you don't see that in the list of AppConfigs, then you're most likely logged in with a regular admin account. You'll need to have whoever has the super admin account change that for you.