Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding Shipping Weight Table via Run SQL

tacklediscounts is offline Junior Member

Default Adding Shipping Weight Table via Run SQL

I have access right now only to the Run SQL in the admin console and would like to add quite a large shipping weight table rather than typing it in manually. I have not been able to find the database name that I need to add this.

Additionally, I would need to know the correct way to format the rest.

1) Low Weight Name
    2) High Weight Name
    3) Shipping Methods (do I use the ID or the text value name??)
    4) Values (are they contained like '1.99' or just 1.99)

Some examples:

INSERT [dbo].ShippingWeight(LowWeight,HighWeight,ShippingMetho d1,ShippingMethod2,) values(0.0000,0.1000,1.99,8.99);

INSERT [dbo].ShippingWeight(LowWeight,HighWeight,15,16,) values('0.0000','0.1000','1.99','8.99');

I seem to have found the right format, however it isn't placing the values into the table. This is the format that I am using from the Run SQL prompt. I also noticed in the table another column that I omited, CreatedOn. Is that one required as well (in which date format?)

INSERT [dbo].ShippingByWeight(RowGUID,LowValue,HighValue,Shipp ingMethodID,ShippingCharge) values('50c288ff-81d6-48f4-a15b-eff07dc8b0be',7.0001,8,36,63.73);

I was finally able to find the answer and had used the following format

INSERT [dbo].ShippingByWeight(RowGUID,LowValue,HighValue,Shipp ingMethodID,ShippingCharge) values('bebe1b7a-f9da-48ae-a137-09e6795f1471',20.0001,21,16,9.99);

CoryAvidmax is offline Junior Member

Does anyone how to get the current RowGUID from the table in ASPDNSF?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The RowGUID is determined automatically the moment a new record is inserted in the DB, it shouldn't be included in the insert statement.
    Attached Images Attached Images