Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Zoomify

allenjarosz is offline Junior Member

Default Zoomify

Guys,
    I feel like I been sleeping in class, it seems everyone else seems to be able to get zoomify to work, but the instructions don't make sense to me.
    I have the image built, and the new image folder in my \Images\product\medium folder.
    I purchased the zoomify designer product, but no where does storefront, or zoomify tell you where to put the viewer SWF file. Is it even required?
    can I use the upgraded zoomify slideshow viewer insted of the express viewer?
    Is just the viewer required?, or are there other folders required to be included, and where do they get placed?

Jao is offline Senior Member

I think this manual could help you: http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...2-zoomify.aspx

Joe,
    Nope no help at all, I read it 100 times, dosent say a thing about where to put the viewer program. The 4th step (last step) dosent describe how to invoke the viewer in the product page.
    All kinds of instructions on how to prepair the image file, then it just stops, leaves you hanging there, dosent describe what to do after uploading the image folder.

I have already set the apconfig file, uploaded the prepared image directory, reset the website cach, started a new browser sesion to view the product page. and even coppied the SWF file to the \images\product directory and or the \web directory even though the instructions dont specifically say to do so.
    but nothing I cant get it to work.

What am I missing?

If you're using 7025SP1 or higher version, the zoomifyViewer.swf is already there in the root/images folder. The Zoomify Express Utility folder that you download from the link stated on the manual could be placed anywhere, once you drag an image to Zoomify Converter.exe, it will automatically create a folder to where that image resides. It's working perfectly well.

Rob is offline Senior Member

what version ARE you using? LOL still don't know.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

I'm using version 8.0.1.1
    I dont have zoomify in the images root folder because the install instructions say to delete the images folder, and copy your old images folder into the new installation.

I am hoping somone can tell me which files are required and where do they belong.

here is a map of where my files are.

Image:
    \web\images\product\medium\image331.jpg
    \web\images\product\medium\image331\Tilegroup0
    \web\images\product\medium\image331\Imagepropertie s.xml

Code:
    \web\zooify.aspx
    \web\zoomify.aspx.cs
    \web\zoomifyviewer.swf

I am assuming that from your last post that the zoomifyviewer.swf file should be located at:
    \web\images

Is that correct?
    Could you draw a map of which which files are required where?

Sennaya is offline Member

Allen,
    I think the thing that confused me about zoomify was how easy it was.
    You create the zoomify images folder and simply give it the product number. If it is product 5, the folder should be named - simply- 5

The storefront program will do the rest.
    Upload to
    images --> product --> large --> 5

Notice that the zoomify folder goes into the large images folder.

I am using ML 8.0 with no mods, with app.config large photo creates others.

I uploaded one large picture in the images tab of the product management for product 5 and it gve me the icon and medium sizes.
    then uploaded a folder named 5 to the images/product/large folder

As I understand the logic, AspDotNetStorefront looks for the product-numbered-folder and displays it first instead of the static images. From the manual, "When Zoomify.Active is set to true, the /images/product/large folder (or /images/variant/large for variant images) will be checked for a subfolder appropriately named for the product being displayed."

You do not have to put a viewer program anywhere, it is already there for the program and is automatically called when you set the zoomify appconfig parameters to true.
    Last edited by Sennaya; 05-07-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Sennaya,
    Thanks, finally got it to work. The keys being that the product image folder needs to be in the \images\large folder
    and second problem zoomify.swf needs to be in the \images folder

Mine was missing due to upgrade instructions.

I guess the senior members might be having a senior moment.

Rob is offline Senior Member

ha. finally a funny post good to see
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

snowy is offline Senior Member

Hi need some advice!

Before I start to customize the site with Zoomify
    What version should I use of Zoomify.

Express or Flash

Is the express version equal to the EZ described in the Manual? I believe EZ is not there for download anymore.

Thank you

Those are different products; however, any of them is compatible with the software. I've tried it: EZ Viewer and Zoomify Express Utility, and again, they all perfectly worked for ASPDNSF.

snowy is offline Senior Member

Thanks Jao,

Can I follow the information in the manual to implement Zoomify with express?
    what is different during the setup between the two version?

Thank you again

brightspectrum is offline Member

All I'm getting is the word Zoomify.

Well, there's no difference at all. Please take time to review this manual: How to apply zoomify?

brightspectrum is offline Member

I retried the same process with a different image and it worked for that one maybe something went funky with the first attempt. Thanks Jao.

diveloper is offline Member

Anyone mind sharing their website URL using Zoomify and what version?

jspatt2 is offline Junior Member

Default Does this work with Kit Products

I have gotten this to work for products that use the product.variantsincondensed.xml.confg but I can not get it to work with products that are using the product.newkitproduct.xml.confg does Zoomify not work with this config or is there something else that needs to be done to use Zoomify with this config?

Thank you.

Sennaya is offline Member

Default Kitproduct can work

In ML 8 it works with the included product.kitproduct.xml.config,
    your newkitproduct display xml sounds like a modified display, I think you need to try the standard kit display that came with the program and verify you have setup everything correctly for zoomify, then try it with your modified kit display xml and see if it is compatible. If not, work with whoever modified the kit display.

Does this make sense?