Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about customer login

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default Question about customer login

Sometimes I get an email that registered customers get Invalid Login when trying to access their account. I've verified their email address and even force set their password and they still can not log in. Is there something I'm missing. I've tried to log in myself using their email and the new password I set and verified the issue.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Are you allowing anonymous customers? Are you setting AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses to true in the appconfig?

Default Follow Up

I am not allowing anonymous customers and the value for AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses is false.

Could you check the IsRegistered field in the customer table of that particular user/customer if it has zero (0) value? You may want to send this to support also so we can further assist. thanks

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Alfred I bet that is the problem, I've seen it too. Would a solution be to cahnge the remind login feature so it does an update statement to IsRegistered=1 for the matching email of the remind login request?
    Last edited by jsimacek; 05-06-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

How do I do this?

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

This would be a custom modification, to run code to update IsRegistered=1 in the database on remind login request (for that email). But not 100% sure if it would solve the issue.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

So I'd have to pay a support fee to do this, right?

That's just a simple sql update command to run against your customer table. If you have a developer/IT personnel they should be able to do it for you.

it looks like this statement: (PLEASE MAKE A FULL DB BACKUP FIRST BEFORE DOING ANY CHANGE TO THE DB)
    Code:
    Update Customer set IsRegistered=1 where email = 'CustomerEmail'

Default Happened again

I just had yet another customer with the same problem. I must be losing a lot of business because of this. I've had 3 customers with this issue this week! Why can't some customers log into their account. They are entering their info and getting "invalid login". Please help!!

Rob is offline Senior Member

Jazz, what in the world did you change or customize there? This clearly is unique to your own installation...if you don't help us figure it out with you, it won't get figured out. Does a pure 100% stock clean out of the box install do this same behavior on your server/site? Maybe time for you to try that and then narrow down the customizations you've done to see where it starts to break. Sorry for appearing to not take the issue seriously, but do you really think we ship a platform that doesn't allow customers to sign in? So send more data on what you've customized, so it can get sorted out.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

What file should I ask my developer if he changed? This only happens to a very few of my customers. If it was a customization issue, wouldn't it affect more than 2% of my customers (at least that I know of)? In the meantime, while we work on this, is there something I can do so customers don't run into this?

Rob is offline Senior Member

until we know more, there is no way to avoid the issue, if you are having the issue, or it would have been solved

RE: developer...point blank. he modified something, around the customer/signin/etc logic...make him fess up please so we can help you solve it.

or some hosting/IT setup is unusual (weird sessions? weird IIS setup? weird server farms/loadbalancing?)

One of the two.

Find the 2% of customers profile also, what computers, browsers, versions, etc.

more data the better.

Make sure you're on our latest versions also. Finding out this is 2 year old release is not helpful, and can be ruled out very quickly.

thx
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Salus is offline Junior Member

Default Same issue with Affiliate login

I am having the same problem except it only happens with affiliate login. Has there been any resolution to the problem?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

I'm having the same issue. Registered was set to 0 so I set it to 1 and reset the password now they can log in. Anyone know how this happens?