Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WeightDelta

Rita is offline Senior Member

Post WeightDelta

Can you please tell me whats the use of WeightDelta column which is in Inventory table?

Rob is offline Senior Member

used for calculating real time shipping, by weight shipping, if your products vary weight significantly by variant (or size, or kit item). 99% of stores never need this, but if you need it, you need it badly as shipping costs are paramount to get right due to large/heavy items.

thx.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Rita is offline Senior Member

Arrow

I just set up my store with Calculate Shipping by Weight (10lb -20lb which will have $3 charge for standard shipping), when I select the product default variant which has small size and green color which Deltaweight is 10lb. But whether it has 10lb or 20lb my shipping charge is not getting changed when i select the product variant. So Please tell the use of DeltaWeight. How can i specify the weight for different modifiers(small, medium, large) in admin Manage Products?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Make sure you've set your product up as described in the manual, I tested it here and it looks to be working fine.