Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Send Email from Localhost

Rita is offline Senior Member

Post Send Email from Localhost

I setup the Mail Server DNS as localhost because SMTP server is installed in my local machine. and also
    mail server username
    password
    Receipt EMail sends from
    New Order Notifications send to
    Send Receipt EMails
    has correct credentials. But still when i tried to "send test mail" (Send Test button), its throwing an following exception,

Mail Error occurred - Exception=Failure sending mail.
    Unable to connect to the remote server
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:25.

What could be the issue?

Rob is offline Senior Member

LOL. sending from localhost (puke)

relaying issues come to mind. no host will allow that.

email from localhost is a non starter in this day and age in almost all cases

Use your proper authenticated domain/host/isp mail server for this.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Rita is offline Senior Member

Arrow

Thanks for your immediate reply. it may be silly question. but i don't have idea about how can we get authenticated domain for dev machine? Is it possible?

Rob is offline Senior Member

you could yes. but not to send from "localhost" all ISPs now will reject that nonsense. Let me ask Dan on how to do this...
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

It looks like your local mail server is actually rejecting the connection, which means you either have your mail server set up improperly or there is a firewall blocking the connection. I would strongly recommend just using your ISP's assigned SMTP server.