Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Managing Affiliates

boxby is offline Junior Member

Default Managing Affiliates

HI

I may be being a bit thick here, but when I check "affiliates" off the menu, it gives me the options to (a) search (b) add and affiliate.

Where do I go to Manage?
    Where do i go to set up payment rates/percentages etc, presumably I can set these different for each individual affiliate?
    Can I record details of payments made to affiliates?

Sorry for the basic level questions, but i've been handed this, and to be honest, what I am looking at appears very different from other affiliate software, and most of it seems to be missing??

Many thanks
    Sandra

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

You would "search" for an affiliate to manage them

Regarding payments/payouts, those are up to you. We added them at one point, and ripped them back out two weeks later because 50 customers expected them to be calculated in 1,835 different ways. You can however report orders linked to affiliate ids via the orders --> order reports menu.

- Dan

boxby is offline Junior Member

Unfortunately, in "search" it simply brings up a list of affiliates, and the drill down just takes me down to their contact details. Nothing else.

Is the aspx.net affiliate program a good solution?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Like Dan said, we don't do anything regarding payments, commissions, etc. None of that is computed/tracked within the software, you handle it all externally in whatever manner you set up. Our affiliate features allow you to create affiliates, tag orders with their IDs, and run reports on how many purchases were made by affiliate, that's it.

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ffiliates.aspx