Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: News Summary Modification

ncoppola is offline Member

Default News Summary Modification

Hello,

I'd to link news items to a template design that was developed. I know there is a news summary that is used on the homepage, but I'm not sure where to modify the html that gets output.

The following is an example of the look.

Name:  example.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  43.9 KB

This is the current html found in the topic for the default page...

<h2>news</h2>
    <dl class="list-1">
    <dt><span>25</span><a href="#">Ante lacucuisque nullastibulum liberos nislrta eriues eget malesuada</a> </dt>
    <dd>Vel metulla facienean nec erstibulum antes ipsum primis inibus orci luctuset ult sed pharetra sisque diam... </dd>
    <dt><span>11</span><a href="#">Proin dictum elementum vescuismod consequat anrem</a> </dt>
    <dd class="extra">Facienean nec erstibulum antes ipsum primis inibus orci luctusetibulum laculis lacilum iaculis lacinia est. Proin dictum elementum velit... </dd>
    </dl>

The version is:

Multistore 9.2.0.0/9.2.0.0

Thank you,

- Nick
    Last edited by ncoppola; 08-17-2013 at 03:54 AM.
    Nick Coppola
    Lead Developer
    The Everest Information Technologies Group, LLC
    Email Me

Development/Customization/Integration Experience:

VB.NET, C#.NET
    MS SQL Server
    InsiteCreation
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Interprise Suite
    Tradepoint360
    Custom Business Applications

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Since it looks to be you are just talking about displaying the summary on the default.aspx/homepage. I am going to guess you have not done any edits to page.default.xml.config xmlpackage and have the appconfig of DoNotShowNewsOnHomePage set to false. If all this is true then it is just a matter of editing the news.xml.config xmlpackage to edit the news summary.