Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: implications in using a drag and drop cart

tytyguy is offline Senior Member

Default implications in using a drag and drop cart

I have been thinking about adding a drag and drop cart using either jquery or scriptapulous. What are the implications of this if any?

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Implications from a Technical or User-Experience perspective?
    Jon Wolthuis

tytyguy is offline Senior Member

both. ....

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

From a technical perspective, I'd recommend JQuery, which is also our chosen javascript framework, and will be included in all future versions. The implementation won't be trivial, as we don't have any baked-in webservices to Add-to-Cart; you'll have to create them.

From a shoppers perspective, just because you *can* do something doesn't mean it's a good idea. IMHO, I dislike dragging/dropping objects on a web page, and would be inclined to leave your store if you gave me that interface. But that's just my opinion.

Also, note that the big players, Amazon, etc (who have huge marketing budgets, and perform A/B analyses to test these interfaces) have choosen not to use drag/drop on their sites.
    Jon Wolthuis