Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display formats for Canadian currency

mithurralde is offline Junior Member

Default Display formats for Canadian currency

I'm setting up a store which will use Canadian currency and will be available in both English and French.

I can't seem to figure out how to have only 1 currency (CAD) but have two display formats for that currency. For example when the locale is en-CA the currency should be displayed as $19.99, when the locale is fr-CA the currency should be displayed as 19,99$

--Marc

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Can you create a second currency called "French Canadian" with code CAD, and Display Locale of fr-CA? Assign it to the French Canadian locale.
    Jon Wolthuis

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response. I've already tried to create two CAD currencies, one with the en-CA locale and the second with the fr-CA locale with different names and assign one two each of the two languages I've setup in the store English/en-CA and French/fr-CA but when I switch between languages the currency always renders with a en-CA format. I think the application is actually using CAD as the key and not the id or name because if I change the currency code to XYZ then it works.

Also is there a simple way to remove the rendering of the currency code throughout the application. The reason I ask is if I do go with the approach of creating either two CAD currencies or a CAD and an XYZ then I don't want to see $19.99 (CAD) displayed throughout the application as CAD is the only currency we accept.

Thanks,
    --Marc

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Canada is (as far as I know) the only country that has two display formats for the exact same currency, so this is a bit of an oddball in the .NET world. You could try removing all display formats from the currency code, but CAD may still pick up that it's primary locale is en-CA, and display in that format. We will probably have really dig into this one.

Dan, thank you for your suggestion but it still does not work.

You are likely correct that Canada is the only country with different display formats for currency we always try to be a little different from the rest

Any further suggestions or ideas on how to configure the site to display two currency formats with a single currency would be appreciated.

--Marc

nihon is offline Senior Member

Cant you try placing dollar symbol one after and one before the price by using
    example :
    ###.$
    $###.
    in your Display Spec.

just an idea
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0