Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Contact Us Page

Krux is offline Junior Member

Default Contact Us Page

Please provide instructions or a url to instructions for the contact us page and the mail settings that required to make your contact us page work.

From the manage topic's section.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Sure. Have a look at this KB

Krux is offline Junior Member

The settings mentioned in the kb you provided do not have any mention with regards to your contact us page. I noted another forum post with two different answers as to where the setting can be set and checked both, but neither was right(the two posts where by your admins) ... if you do not offer this please just let me know and I will build a skin based page and do the email send via your applogic send mail function.

I have purchased over 5 copies of your product. If you look at your form post within the contact topic section you will note that the post action is to a cold fusion file which I can not find (index.cfm) and I don't find this file in your directory...please advise

I find it hard to believe that the most common componet of a website (the contact us page) is not an out of the box portion of your product, I sure hope it is or I may need to re-evaluate advising the other three clients that I have waiting for an e-commerce solution with something else.
    Last edited by Krux; 04-24-2009 at 09:45 AM.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Huh? Our default contact page does not post to a cold fusion file. It sounds like someone modified your contact page, in which case we obviously wouldn't know how to make it work. I would recommend restoring the default contactus topic from the initialization script and then going from there. Other than that, just use the mail configuration wizard to setup your mail settings and everything works, out of the box.

Please check with your development staff before blaming us that a feature does not work. ContactUs has worked fine for the 5 years the software has been sold commercially.

sasdaman is offline Member

Default Restoring default contact topic

Hi,

Could you please advise how to restore the default contact topic through the initialization script you mention above!?

Kind regards,

sasdaman

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Nuke the current 'contact us' row from the Topics table in your DB (make sure you have a backup first of course), then open the initialization script you ran to create the DB in the first place and find the line that creates that topic and run just that line against the DB.

Look for:

Code:
    INSERT [dbo].Topic(Name,HTMLOk,ShowInSiteMap,Title,Description) values('contact'.....