Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Top menu

lkkol is offline Member

Default Top menu

How do you add an item to the top menu? By default it has home - categories -departments - customer service

I wan to add another menu item to that list, can't find where you do that in admin.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Check the skins/skin_#/menuData.xml file (where # is the ID of the skin that you are currently using)
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

lkkol is offline Member

Default Is that file dynamically created?

If I edit the menuData.xml will my changes be overwritten by user activity? In other words is menuData.xml generated by ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT or is it only editable by manual methods?

Otherwise is there much benefit to using this .xml rather than just hard coding the menu into the template?

Thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

menuData.xml isn't modified by the software, no. As far as why use this over hardcoding menus...it's just easier. This is already built and ready to go, doesn't make much sense to do it all by hand in the template unless you want the menu to work completely differently.