Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Default variant keeps changing?

PiranhaGear is offline Junior Member

Default Default variant keeps changing?

We're running on v7.1.0.0 and the default variant doesn't seem to "stick"

Perhaps we're trying to set it improperly?

Go to the Products menu
    Select a particular item's "All variants" page
    Pick the variant by in the "Is Default Variant" radio button
    Click "Update Order and Default Variant"
    Reset cache

At this point all looks good with the correct (new) default, but within a day (or two?) the default goes back to the "wrong one".

We're not even sure why it picks THAT "wrong one" (seems like the first variant ever added, but not always?).

How do we get the correct / new default variant to stay selected?

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I don't see any known issue with this scenario. Please do a reset cache in the admin and try it again. Sometimes if you're changing something in the admin, the old value was stored in the cache specially if you're setting cachemenus=true in the appconfig.

PiranhaGear is offline Junior Member

We do have CacheMenus set to true, but this has been going on for about 1 1/2 years, so I don't think that's the issue(?)

What else can we look at that might resolve it? Is there another AppConfig that affects this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Looks like I replicated it on the same version you're on, but this was fixed in the latest build. Any chance for you to upgrade? If not, send this to support. thanks