Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Developing using VS2008

cbusillo is offline Junior Member

Default Developing using VS2008

Hey guys, I can't seem to get the dev enviro setup correctly. I've already done the database integration into another product, but I need to change the schema that aspdnsf talks to from dbo to aspdnsf. I was planning on changing the db class to rewrite it on the fly, but none of my changes are taking effect. I have used C# for quite a while, but only doing windows forms. I can't seem to make even the simplest changes in code appear on the site. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks
    Chris

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

There are lots of references to the dbo schema in the database script, including stored procedures and views. Did you catch those changes?
    Jon Wolthuis

Yeah I got all that working... I made views that constructed tables in the correct format with data from another inventory database. It ran too slow and since indexes can't be inserted across different databases, I had to combine the 2 databases. I used different schemas to separate the tables. I changed the db init script to reference the aspdnsf schema instead of dbo. Now the only problem is the SQL queries in the code itself.

I figure I can rewrite all the sql queries from the db class, I just can't seem to make my changes work on the live site. I have no idea what I'm doing with VS and websites, but I have lots of experience writing windows forms.

Quote Originally Posted by ASPDNSF Staff - Jon View Post
    There are lots of references to the dbo schema in the database script, including stored procedures and views. Did you catch those changes?

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

The only idea that comes to mind is to fire-up SQL Profiler, record a log to a file, and search for instances of the old schema name.
    Jon Wolthuis

Well I got one step further... currently I am getting the error:

Invalid object name 'dbo.customerlevel'.

is there any debugging I can turn on in the site code to tell me which source file is making that call?