Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Products not mapping to customer level properly

DDM486 is offline Junior Member

Default Products not mapping to customer level properly

On our site, we have two customer levels, Franchisee and Retail. There are certain products that can only be visible to customers logged in as a Franchisee and vise versa. However, I've noticed that both levels can see all products. I have the FilterProductsByCustomerLevel AppConfig parameter set to true and have checked the mappings in the product settings to make sure they are good but the problem still persists. Is there something else I'm missing here?

Thanks!

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Just to be thurough, did you correctly set the customer level of the users? I have hundreds of customer levels and don't seem to have any issues with this.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

DDM486 is offline Junior Member

I think I know what my problem is now. First of all, I was a little hasty in posting this as it does in fact work correctly. What threw me off is that we're using a third-party add-on for our category Display format XMLPackage (Vibe Attribute Based Filtering). This seems to be the problem. It displays the product in the list no matter what, but if you actually go to the product detail page or switch to a default XMLPackage, everything works as intended. Do you know what code triggers whether or not to display the item based on customer level in the default XML Packages? I am aiming to copy that over to our third-party XML package. I am currently looking around but have not had any luck yet.

Thanks