Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Schema

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Schema

Is there somewhere that I can download the schema diagram for the ASPDNSF database? I am going to create some scripts to populate my current store data into ASPDNSF database but would like to see all the relations.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

There are none in the schema. Relations are not enforced by the db, but done programmatically, to allow easier data importation. Our product is used by lots of non-DBA folks who might not understand FK constraints.

If there's a specific area of the db (Categories, Products, Affiliates, etc) that you are looking to populate, I can describe the relations. But I'd rather not publish an entire ER diagram, for copyright reasons.
    Jon Wolthuis

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Makes sense for copyright reasons, I hadnt thought of that.

Let me investigate the WSI route first and see what happens there.

The one place i'd like to know more about is orders. Id like to bring over my current carts orders from the past year if possible as I dont want them to lose their history.

chuckb_jr is offline Junior Member

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I would be interested in a schema as well...

We're trying to import old orders and customer information into ADNSF v8.0.1.2 to establish some recurring orders we currently have and provide order history to our customers. I've been told that WSI can do this, but then I've been told it's also very messy for doing something like that... we can probably import everything manually, but I need to know if there are any triggers or what needs to go where and their relationships... I can only figure out so much from looking at the database and the source code, and I haven't been able to put it all together yet... and my testing with importing a customer yields a "There is no registered user with that e-mail address!" even though I added him to the database directly - obviously I missed something somewhere.

chuckb_jr is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=and my testing with importing a customer yields a "There is no registered user with that e-mail address!" even though I added him to the database directly - obviously I missed something somewhere. [/QUOTE]

I finally got this to work... and that thing I missed - a flag that doesn't have a "true" default called "IsRegistered". Found a lot of issues like this when importing data... lots of default values not set where nulls weren't allowed as well.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

That sounds correct; when a new shopper adds an item to their cart, we create a customer record, and IsRegistered should be false until they actually checkout and supply credentials.
    Jon Wolthuis

philipb is offline Junior Member

I realize that this is a rather old post, but since I am new to ADNSF, it is relevant to me.

I can understand not wanting to publish a full schema due to copyright concerns (indeed, a db diagram can be generated via SSMS), however it would be extremely beneficial for someone who is trying to learn the system to have this kind of documentation.

Since there are no FK relationships between the tables, the diagram that SSMS generates has limited value (since there are no actual relationships, the resulting diagram is little more than a list of the tables & their constituent fields).

It would really be great if this kind of thing was provided / included with the product download (assuming the source code was purchased, of course).

Thoughts?

Phil

esedirect is offline Senior Member

The usual problem with this sort of thing is trying to represent the entity relationship diagram on paper, unless you have an A0 plotter.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

philipb is offline Junior Member

I don't need to have it on paper (PDF / TIFF would work nicely), so size isn't really an issue.