Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Images In Shopping Cart - How to

Megan is offline Junior Member

Default Images In Shopping Cart - How to

This article is the first in a series in the Vortx LiveWire Blog explaining some of the built in AspDotNetStorefront shopping cart page settings that many users don’t know about. You can also find other excellent information, tips and advice about AspDotNetStoreFront and eCommerce in the LiveWire blog.

In this first installment, I’ll show you how to add product icons to your shopping cart. I notice that many people don’t use this feature of ADNSF, perhaps only because it is turned off by default.

I like to see what I’m buying all the way through the checkout process. There’s something reassuring about a picture of what you’re buying looking back at you telling you it’s all gonna be okay as you enter your credit card information and push that ‘buy’ button.

Boooring!

To add product icon images to your shopping cart:

1. Log into the admin side of your ADNSF site and find the AppConfig Page(Configuration>Advanced>AppConfig Parameters in version 8.0).
    2. Type “pics” in the Config Search box on the left side of the screen.
    3. After hitting the search button you should see a short list of results. You’re looking for the one called “ShowPicsInCart”.
    4. Hit the edit button and set that to “true”.
    5. Click the “Update” button and you should be good to go.
    6. You might need to hit the “reset cache” button to get the change to take effect.

Now your shopping cart should look like this:

For more ADNSF tips and tricks and expert ecommerce advice, visit the Vortx Live Wire Blog
    Last edited by Megan; 04-09-2009 at 09:25 AM.
    --
    Megan
    Vortx, Inc - an AspDotNetStorefront Platinum DevNet Partner
    LiveWire Blog - expert tips and information about AspDotNetStoreFront and eCommerce.

newtothis is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Fantastic! Thanks for the tip - I have just implemented this one

Megan is offline Junior Member

Default Great!

Glad you could use this!

If you want to get more useful ADNSF advice like this and other free eCommerce advice, visit our eCommerce and AspDotNetStoreFront blog and sign up for our LiveWire newsletter or subscribe to our RSS feed.
    --
    Megan
    Vortx, Inc - an AspDotNetStorefront Platinum DevNet Partner
    LiveWire Blog - expert tips and information about AspDotNetStoreFront and eCommerce.

dragon is offline Member

I have done the above. The cart now show pictures. It shows the pictures for the items that I have listed with sizes. If I have an item that just has a color nothing shows up. I know that you can go into the Variant and add an image. If I do this the picture shows up for both the products list with just a size and a color. I'm just wondering if I can add a code to the shopping cart page to grab the picture no matter if it has a just a size or just a color. I have a lot of products that just have a color. Having to go back and put a picture in the Variant page will be very time consuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

babslimo is offline Member

Default Any response to this?

We're having exactly the same problem with images not appearing in the cart when there's only a color. Did you ever get a resolution to this? Thanks!!
    Annette L. Fowler
    Beacon Technologies
    http://www.beacontechnologies.com