Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Initial startup

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Initial startup

I just went through the installation instructions and on the final step it says to right click and browse and the site should open in the left hand window.

Instead of that I got the following error

SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'aspdnsf_getAppconfig'.]

and a long stack trace of course.

The db install script ran with no errors.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mike The Last Boyscout; 05-01-2009 at 05:54 PM.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Ok, not sure what happened but I resolved it. After reading another post where someone else had the same issue it was suggested to add 'use AspDot .... " .. so did this and got a zillion errors saying all the tables and procedures already existed. So for giggles, I tried to browse again and low and behold it WORKED!

Not sure how or what happened though.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I was able to experience that once locally and it is sometimes due to missing permissions for file system or database.