Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Using existing HTML

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Using existing HTML

When I create my new ASPDNSF site, can I use my current HTML?

In my current cart, I have my site layed out and very well formed. Inside of a content div I have a php include to bring in products. Same with my cart.php page, it is all layed out and just a php include to bring in the cart.

With ASPDNSF can I do something similiar or do I need to create a "skin" and redo all my current layout html?

Thanks

P.S. Will my posts always be delayed or do you get white listed after so much time?

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I think I answered this for myself. I found the skinning tutorial and it looks quite simple to take what I currently have.

Loving this cart already!

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Sorry I missed your first post.

Yes, you'll need to start with skin development, and use a lot of the out-of-the-box functionality, rather than your existing scripts. One thing you'll notice is the different style that asp.net uses; most of the code is in the code-beside module (ends in .cs or .vb), rather than inline like ASP or some PHP scripts.

I like to use Microsoft Expression Web for laying out the start of a skin, creating the CSS, etc. Then manually insert the (! ... !) parser tokens to enable live effects. A complete list of parser tokens can be found in the manual.
    Jon Wolthuis