Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Mailing Manager

newtothis is offline Senior Member

Default Mailing Manager

Hello,

I am using the Mailing Manager, but was wondering if anyone knew of any product I could use or purchase, which would give me professional looking templates to use WITHIN Mailing Manager to make my newsletters look better? I waste alot of time trying to get the design/formatting right and it would be ever so valuable if there was something to help me with this?

Any ideas anyone?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The Telerik RAD editor should be able to render pretty much any HTML content. If you're having a hard time designing within that editor for whatever reason, you can use any 3rd-party application (Dreamweaver, Visual Web Dev, etc) to create your content and just copy/paste the HTML into the admin site editor.

Note that you might have to add some CSS styles to the HTML or into your main stylesheet for the editor to recognize them.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

To be honest, its not that I find it difficult to use. Its that it takes a while to design things, and move tables and images around etc. And if I design something in Word, and copy it over to Mail Manager, all the formats and aligning gets messed up.

So I was actually looking for something where I could specifically use some type of e-newsletter template or something of the sort to speed up the process.

I guess this does not exist?

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

I recommend you look at a professional package like ConstantContact. They have the template-style design that you're looking for, they meet the latest CAN-SPAM regulations, and your newsletters will have less of a chance ending up in Junk folders (that's not a diss on your newsletter, just the fact that it's very easy for your From-address to end up on blacklists. All it takes it a few people to mark your newsletter as Junk Mail, and boom...you're on the bad-list).
    Jon Wolthuis

Thumbs up Thanks for the tip!

Dear Jon,

Thank you very much for your response.

To be honest. I was investigating ContstantContact today, but wasnt sure if they were reliable - so your post couldnt have come at a better time. I appreciate your feedback, and for the reminder of the potential risks involved of getting blacklisted!