Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Where does a store's page title get set?

dwgraphics is offline Junior Member

Default Where does a store's page title get set?

I just got the shell of my store up and running, and from the admin page, I ran the configuration wizard to set the name of my store "Fine Art On Demand", it's email address and so on. I submitted the changes, and text associated with the shopping cart icon in the upper right-hand corner of the admin was updated to show my store name. But when I click on the link to navigate the store, the caption on the Internet Explorer tab still says "Enter your site title here".

Where does the store's page title get pulled from?

I have looked thru the strings.en-us.xls file and the corresponding data table in database, but didn't find it. I also tried adding a <title> tag in default.aspx, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

Go to your admin site, then Configuration > Advanced > AppConfig Parameter and search for SE_MetaTitle and set values for this for your Site Title.

Hope this helps

dwgraphics is offline Junior Member

Got it.

Thanks Melanie!

r2integrated is offline Junior Member

Default Similar problem

I've set my store name as instructed above... but when I go into the shopping cart, the name changes in URL, page title, etc...

http://behindtheback2.staging.r2inte...t/Default.aspx

What am I missing?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

In the ML/DNN version, the DNN platform handles a lot of that. Things like the page name (looks like TEST STORE in this case) will show up, so you want to make sure you've got your page names and DNN-side SEO settings configured the way you want.

r2integrated is offline Junior Member

Default thanks

Thanks, that worked... I looked everywhere but inside the DNN parts. duh!

WebCricket is offline Junior Member

Thanks that worked great.