Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Analytics Ecommerce

jkincer is offline Junior Member

Default Google Analytics Ecommerce

We are using AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.1.0/7.1.1.0 and have Google Analytics working properly. I have followed all of the steps outlined in the online manual to enable Ecommerce, but still not returning any results.

I have setup the orderconfimation.aspx goal and verifed that the GoogleTrackingCode topic is configured correctly by viewing the source on the live page. All AppConfig settings are configured per the online manual. We are only capturing credit cards and authorizing them offline, could this be the reason Ecommerce does not pickup any transactions? If so, is there a way to change this?

Thank you,
    Jay

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Do you have UseLiveTransactions set to TRUE in the appconfig already? Remember, GA will only function with the storefront is in live mode.

jkincer is offline Junior Member

Yes, it is set to true.

mongesc is offline Senior Member

Default Google Analytics not working prpoerly

We are running into some problems with the Google Analytics Tracking Code. The correct codes are there and GA is traking the all the non-paid. However, for the paid ads, there was no tracking. Does anyone know why? I followed all the neccesary steps described in the tutorial. But it's still not tracking the Paid section in GA.

Thanks

MPH is offline Member

Did you upgrade from a previous version? I only ask because before we made an upgrade GA was tracking as expected. After the upgrade only the stats would register, and the goals, but not the ecommerce sales figures as they did before the upgrade.

In the process of upgrading the program was recompiled with Visual Studio, and at that time or within that process we had a choice to save files that could be brought into the upgrade and that's where the problem occured for us. I only mean to state that it is possible to have corrupt files or files that should have been or not, replaced during an upgrade that caused GA to fault when writing (firing) the G2 tracker.

If you look in the app config parameters you'll see a true or false setting that states that the tracking code is fired (sends data to GA) and by choosing false it will send data that tracks only visitors and not any of their sales order data. It's kind of a false positive setting where you're convinced everything is set as it should be and all the reports are shown at GA except for the sales figures.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

I've asked our QA team to go take a second look into this, however so far our findings are that as long as the setup instructions are properly followed, google analytics/ecom tracking works without issue. The vast majority of google analytics issues we have seen come through are simply due to not following the directions.

Default Ecommerce Tracking still not working

We are still having same issues. All of the procedures are done according to the instructions, but its still not tracking at all..

Thanks

tdalzell is offline Junior Member

Default Purchases not being captured in Analytics

I am having same/similar problems. Visits are being tracked in GA but not purchases. It worked fine for years before I upgraded to ML 8.0.1.2 from ML7 last week. I have double checked all the setting per the instructions and everything appears to be setup correctly. When I compare page.orderconfirmation.xml.config between v7 and v8 it appears that v8 checks the AppConfig for IncludeGoogleTrackingCode but I don't see where it tests the value and includes and code if it's set to true.

akeller is offline Member

I was having the same issues as previously stated in this post. A couple months back I decided to just figure out what the heck was going on with GA tracking and storefront. Its pretty easy to get the site tracking in GA but its the e-commerce data is what we are all after and that seemed to never work. So after days of debugging the source I found out what the issue seemed to be at least for us.

We have products/categories that have single and double quotes in category names as well as product names like 4" x 140' Black Tape, 4" Vinyl etc..

There is no validation in the source that checks this and strips out or escapes the characters that may cause a syntax error for the GA script. Since GA is expecting an array of strings this essentially renders a syntax error in the client for the script.

Below is an example of how the item should be formatted to be passed to google.
    Code:
    _gaq.push(['_addItem',
          '1234',         // order ID - necessary to associate item with transaction
          'DD44',         // SKU/code - required
          'T-Shirt',      // product name - necessary to associate revenue with product
          'Olive Medium', // category or variation
          '11.99',        // unit price - required
          '1'             // quantity - required
       ]);
    This is an example of how mine used to look at runtime.
    Code:
    _gaq.push(['_addItem',
          '1234',              // order ID - necessary to associate item with transaction
          '123456',           // SKU/code - required
          '1"x140' Black Vinyl', // product name 
          '1" Vinyl',           // category or variation
          '123.45',           // unit price - required
          '1'                    // quantity - required
       ]);
    The single and double quotes terminate the array and then GA complains that it isn't properly formatted. That is the first thing I would check in your code.

I hope that helps someone out there.

Default Analytics still not Tracking

Anybody else solve this problem?? We haven't been getting tracking in months. Any suggestions will help. We have followed everything suggested by ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT instructions, but there is still no ecommerce tracking.

thank you