Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: i am just a beginner

nett_fan is offline Junior Member

Default i am just a beginner

hi, i am new at aspdotnetstrorefront. i need to do the followingut several dropdownlist inside acordion to list categories and subcategories, and to be honest i do not know where to start .any help would be appreciate.

hi again, well, i need to build the following scenario.i have a dropdownlist where i want to list all the categories, and when i choose one category, load the subcategories of the chosen category in another dropdownlist .i tried to use the GetEntityArrayList function, with the following parameters GetEntityArrayList(0, "", 0, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting, false), but this function returns not only the categories but also the subcategories. is there any way to get only the categories at level 0, at root level?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

EntityHelpers are pretty much 100% based around returning hierarchical data structures. If you just need root level categories, it is easy enough to query them out of the DB and use that as a data source (you can cache it if you really want to in order to improve performance, but it is probably not necessary)... eg:

Code:
    select categoryid, sename from category
         where parentcategoryid=0
         and deleted = 0
         and published = 1

tks, help a lot