Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Skills needed to Open/Operate an asp.net Store

xRUSTYx is offline Junior Member

Default Skills needed to Open/Operate an asp.net Store

Hey Everyone ...

My current ecommerce store has been running a volusion.com cart for roughly 8-9 months, and during that time, have outgrown even their *semi-dedicated* servers.

Besides the VERY large monthly expense, we are running in to application limitations. Our site is nothing beautiful or amazing, but it gets the job done.

My question is this: Volusion had just a free template I used to start the process. Just basic HTML knowledge was needed to get much of the stuff done and they had those easy editors to accomplish the rest. Could someone with basic HTML experience set up and run a asp.net ecommerce site?

I have downloaded the demo, but the *site-configuration wizard* is locked, so I have ZERO idea on whether or not I will be able to master anything.

I appreciate any and all help! We're a small home based company operating at corporate levels without the corporate manpower, so any and all help is very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys,
    xRUSTYx
    Last edited by DanV; 04-08-2009 at 12:08 PM.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Our skins are mostly HTML-based, so it should be editable by someone who is somewhat comfortable working in HTML/CSS. You don't need to be a full-fledged web designer to make modifications to the out-of-the-box skin. It really all depends on how fancy you want to get with the design.

That being said, AspDotNetStorefront was not designed as a wysiwyg application, so if you aren't comfortable working with HTML at least a bit, then it probably isn't the right solution for you.