Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: help with payment

jeanmarc78 is offline Junior Member

Default help with payment

Hello,

I dont understand: whatever is the payment gateway I had choose, the step 4 will always make me collect the credit card number on the same page?
    for example, if I choose HSBC: are the informations sent to the bank secured? the step 4 (payment info)page will look like the same as if I had chosen the Manual payment gateway?

thanks for the help and sorry for my english, i'm french...

Jean-Marc

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Payment card information is handled behind the scenes, so except for payment providers such as google checkout or OGone, where the user is actually taken off of your website to process payments, the CheckoutPayment page will look exactly the same whether you are using HSBC, Cybersource, Authorize.net, or pretty much any other payment gateway.

The information is always sent to the gateway over SSL, which provides for transport-level security. You still need to consider environmental security however (eg. PCI). Aside from that, the application is PABP certified, meaning that our handling of payment card information was developed using industry best practices.