Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to add AUD$ to be displayed in the areas where price displayed???

sugith_k is offline Member

Default How to add AUD$ to be displayed in the areas where price displayed???

I want to use AUD$ instead of $(US). And when the price of the products or any price displayed it should be in AUD$. Can someone tell me how to set that in my store???

Thank you

Sugith_k
    Last edited by Mike The Last Boyscout; 04-01-2009 at 02:50 PM.

ASPDNSF Staff - Eileen is offline Banned

You have to make sure that AUD currency is marked as published in your site. You can verify it by going to Currencies page. Please see our manual here.

Yes it is set as published.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

So it's working now? Do you want to use AUD currency only? You'll have to unpublished USD also on that page and set the store's default currency by going to Configuration -> Site configuration wizard.

In this site that I am working with, we use only one currency. That is AUD.

I have set the configuration wizard also.
    Store currency as AUD
    store currency Numeric code as 036

and in the currency configuration I set it as
    Name Code Symbol Exchange Rate Published
    --------- -------- ---------- -------------------- -------------
    AU Dollars AUD AUD$ 1.00000 yes

but in the front view it just indicate prices like this - $175.50
    Can't I change this $ sign and replace it with AUD$?

Thanks,

Sugith

tito is offline Senior Member

You might also need to ajust some stuff in your webconfig..
    Gordon

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Correct. Since you want that en-AU will be your default locale, you'll have to change the <globalization> section of your web.config file also from en-US, change it to en-AU. Please try it and update us here if it works.

when I change the web.config file's globalization value into AU. In the front end it started showing the token parameters in the menu and in started showing the file name of the place where the price is assigning instead of displaying any value.

I have attached the image of the web site so that you can get some idea of whats really happeneing with my web page.

Thank you!

Sugith_k
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Upon changing the locale in your webconfig file, you have to make sure that you have string resources uploaded tied up to en-AU locale. For more information how to set this up properly, you can check our manual here and here.

Is there any way that I can keep the locale in en-US and change only the currency?
    I wanted to display AUD$ instead of $.....

ASPDNSF Staff - Jayson is offline Banned

Smile

Revert back the changes on your web.config, then can you try updating the Display Spec of AUD on admin > Localization > Currencies > and then set #,###.00$ and let me know if this solve the issue.

Thank you for your reply but it doesn't work yet. When I publish another currency, yes then it works. Even when I use it in the previous way, when I set a another currency then it shows like this $200.00(AUD). But I don't want to give the customer to chose any currency. Simply what i want to set this AUD the default currency..

hope someone can help me.......

Thanks
    Sugith_k

Do you want to remove (AUD) text specifically? Or what is the exact format that you want to use for your site? Is it something like 1.00$ or $1.00 or 1.00$AUD?. Please be specific so we know what exactly you are looking for. Thanks.

What I want to make is something like this. I have attached the image of what I want as the final result.

thank you,
    Sugith
    Last edited by sugith_k; 05-13-2009 at 05:41 AM.

If you have the source code, you can modify the code through the Localization.cs file, function CurrencyStringForDisplayWithoutExchangeRate and then just modify the line above the counterpart below.

This is just to hardcode the AUD$. Let me know how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am sorry I don't have the source code with me. Is there any other way that I can handle this matter?

Thanks,

Sugith_k

Quote Originally Posted by sugith_k View Post
    I am sorry I don't have the source code with me. Is there any other way that I can handle this matter?
    Without changing the source, no.